Friday, February 25, 2011

Wow...glad I got that off my chest...

I went to a very emotional WW today.  I even took my daughter to Grampy's house while I went because in the back of my mind I knew this was going to be a hard one.  I went in said it's been a hard week and then proceeded to cry IN WW while I started to tell my story and then just had to walk away.  I felt like this was my closure I needed...something to put this all behind me.  My friend summed it up best when she said this was you realizing you can stand on your own two feet now...you don't have to rely on the wedding as your goal.  I always was doing this for me but with a greater purpose in mind.  Now, this is all me and it was a bit scary.  Speaking of scary...I then had to weigh in after my emotional week.  I was picking more then normal just due to stress.  Then I got on the scale and the nice lady who weighed me in said...you have hit 45 lbs lost!  I was amazed!  That was another 1.6 pounds lost!  It was kind of reassurance that I am doing this right and I was the one who was most hard on myself.  I doubted myself until I could get to my next meeting and I realized...I am taking care of me!  I truly believe it is mostly due to the fact that I don't talk bad to myself anymore.  I don't put myself down...I just say oh well it was a mistake and move on...granted there are times of doubt but I never put myself down over it...which is HUGE for me!  I am glad I got to go and have closure on so many levels.  My new goal is to be AT goal weight by my birthday.  That is 4 months away and around 50 pounds...wait..now that I type that I need a more attainable goal.  How about I will be in the 140's by my birthday?  That sounds good!  A big sigh of relief and now I get to move on.  Thanks for listening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment