Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What is a Mary Cake?

I remember hearing about these things called Mary Cakes...I was like WHAT IS THAT?!?!  Well, then someone said they were a rice cake...I immediately thought EW!  But, then I got one and they are SO good!  Two of them are 1 point and they are HUGE!  I eat mine with laughing cow cheese (Queso Fresco is my fav) with cucumbers on top (sometimes a little sea salt).  Two laughing cow cheeses are 1 point and the cucumbers are free!  So, 2 points for two HUGE "rice" cakes with cheese and cucumbers - YUM!  I did some research on how they are made...they are flat and they put them in this oven until they pop (yep a little like pop chips) and it is filling!  For you locals, I get mine at the Bristol Amish Market - they are 2/$5, but I hear they are available at most grocery stores too!  I am attaching a picture so you know what you are looking for.    I included a dollar next to it to show you the size of them.  I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment