Saturday, February 19, 2011

They didn't have this in your size...

Well, the circumstances of today changed and I ended up trying on dresses.  Just my luck I bring back all the dresses I love and I find "the one" and go up to ring it up...boo doesn't come in the color we need for the wedding...which worked out to be a blessing in disguise!  So, back to square one...go to the pictures of dresses let me try on this one this one and this one.  So, the nice sales lady goes and picks up the first one to which was neon orange (the only color they had in store in my size) and I tried it on...eh...it was ok but not love, then another nope not that one either...then the last one..put it on and it was cute (weird it had pockets but whatever).  I put it on and only zipped it the 1/2 way like I did all the other dresses because I couldn't zip it all the way.  I walked out and looked in the mirror and I kind of liked it (minus the weird pockets that I will have them sew shut).  Oh I just gave away the ending...yep I got that one.  So, then the bride says to me "Yeah the saleswoman said they didn't have this in your size".  I was like great...really now this is a BIGGER size and I couldn't zip it.  I reluctantly looked down at the tag and saw it was a 12!  All the other dresses I was trying on were 14...so I was in love even MORE with that dress...lol!  Who knew that a dress can be taken in 2 dress sizes so I just ordered a 14 just to be safe and it can be taken down to a 10 with no extra alteration fees.  I am kind of excited at the idea of going back in 3 months to go try on the dress again and see how it fits and how much material they will have to cut off of it!  My arms are out of the dress so, there will be an additional amount of arm work added onto my exercising (anyone have suggestions?).  Oh...I can't build up this dress and not show you...tell me what you think?  I will be wearing it in Marine blue.  I hope I can be a good maid of honor in that dress and not be the person I feared up there (not only the old one, but the fat one too haha)!

No comments:

Post a Comment